Specialist, Content Marketing Copywriter
Groupe Marcelle is the Canadian leader in the cosmetics industry. With the highest standards of quality and excellence, Groupe Marcelle develops, manufactures, and distributes skin care and makeup products, as well as accessories, under a portfolio of four distinct brands; Marcelle, Lise Watier, Annabelle and CW Beggs and Sons.
At Groupe Marcelle we believe in Humanity, Partnership, Audacity and Empowerment. We are looking for professionals that exemplify these qualities that also bring energy as well as commitment to the results.
Join a company with more than 400 employees in the cosmetics field and play a key role in the organization.
Groupe Marcelle is looking for a creative candidate for the Specialist, Content Marketing Copywriter position, to write clear, concise and compelling copy. Writing, reviewing, and correcting copy for ads, publications, websites, social media and support the Marketing teams with content marketing copy. Your words will inform and engage target audiences. Our ideal candidate is a team-spirited, skilled and imaginative writer with an eye for storytelling.
The incumbent is responsible for writing, reviewing, and editing of external communications and copy for multiple brands, and bring Groupe Marcelle’s brands to life through compelling storytelling.
- Workplace: 5600 Côte-de-Liesse Road, Montreal, Quebec.
- A formidable and dynamic team of professionals.
- Benefits: competitive base salary and generous benefits package (including flexible hours, medical and dental insurance, pension plan and holidays during the Holiday Season).
- Discounts offered to employees on Groupe Marcelle products.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE
- Write clear, attractive and dramatically correct copy with a distinct voice.
- Written content translation (English and French).
- Edit, proofread and elevate copy as needed for cross-functional teams.
- Develop effective written content for multiple channels including but not limited to marketing material, website, newsletters, blogs and social media.
- Understanding different language styles that appeal to various target markets.
- Through written communication and the establish brand personas, maintain and/or elevate distinct and clear brand voice for all four current Groupe Marcelle brands.
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements.
- Collaborate with designers, PR and other professionals on large and small-scale marketing projects to create original concepts that result in effective, compelling communication (e.g. email campaigns and landing pages).
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews.
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach.
- Source images and other content.
- Brainstorm ideas and concepts for the wording and written tone and matter direction with other members of the creative team.
- Produce or review written content with short deadlines and quick turnaround asks.
- Research written content trends in the cosmetics industry and aligned with Groupe Marcelle brands, to develop relevant, trendy, digital-first storytelling.
- Familiar with commonly used style guides.
WE WILL LIKE TO MEET YOU IF YOU HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in communication, journalism or English/French studies.
- 5+ years of proven experience as a Copywriter/Digital Storyteller.
- Fully bilingual written and spoken – translation expertise needed.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent French and English written vocabulary.
- Excellent creative skills and strong digital storyteller.
- Ability to multitask in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, maturity, discipline, and professionalism.
- Highly entrepreneurial with a self-starter attitude and a team player.
AND IF YOU ARE
- Creative and strategic, but also passionate, committed and proactive.
- Thrive in a constantly changing and performance-based environment.
- Strong interest in current events, beauty trends and digital trends.
- Experience with web markup language and search engine optimization.
The task and responsibilities listed above are summaries and indicatives.
We invite interested individuals to use our online recruitment module by submitting an application to https://www.groupemarcelle.com/view-jobs/ or by sending us your resume in complete confidentiality to: RH@groupemarcelle.com.
We want to see your storytelling and written creative talent! Join your best projects and texts to your application to stand out and show us what you’re made of!
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Groupe Marcelle wants to offer equal employment opportunities to all. It invites women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and persons with disabilities to apply. Groupe Marcelle is also committed to pursuing the integration of diversity and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees.
The use of the masculine gender in this document refers to both men and women.
Groupe Marcelle thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.