Specialist, Category Management (advisor)
Groupe Marcelle is the Canadian leader in the cosmetics industry. With the highest standards of quality and excellence, Groupe Marcelle develops, manufactures, and distributes skin care and makeup products, as well as accessories, under a portfolio of four distinct brands; Marcelle, Lise Watier, Annabelle and CW Beggs and Sons.
At Groupe Marcelle we believe in Humanity, Partnership, Audacity and Empowerment. We are looking for professionals that exemplify these qualities that also bring energy as well as commitment to the results.
Groupe Marcelle is currently looking for a dynamic and committed candidate for the full-time position of Advisor, Category Management under the Manager, Category Management.
The Advisor, Category Management is responsible for implementing category management principles directly with the Marketing and KAM teams in order to optimize and add value to the planogram buildings. The position conducts comprehensive analysis and interpretation of category performance and provides qualitative and quantitative assessments and recommendations. The Advisor, Category Management is responsible to develop brand planograms, develop tools/fixtures, material in collaboration with product Managers to ensure the translation of the marketing strategies at field level.
- The Advisor, Category Management works under the supervision of the Manager, Category Management;
- Workplace: 5600 Côte-de-Liesse Road, Montreal, Quebec;
- A formidable and dynamic team of professionals;
- Benefits: competitive base salary and generous benefits package (including flexible hours, insurance and holidays during the holidays);
- Discounts offered to employees on Groupe Marcelle products.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE
- Conduct market share analysis by category to identify sales risk or opportunity and provide specific recommendations by using GMI and
Nielsen sales data;
- Develop planograms with Brand Managers and Key
- Account Managers;
- Manage space planning for specific categories, efficient assortment, merchandising programs and conduct post analysis to optimize shelf space using space to sales data and other key metrics;
- Create and update quarterly and annual scorecards to review category progress versus budget based on internal sales & broader market data and build recommendation accordingly;
- Support the internal planning process for the customer’s category using data provided by multiple sources: vendors joint business plan projections, customer’s internal sales data, new store growth projections, overall category and/or customer growth, etc;
- Prepare analysis for ad-hoc requests on category reviews to help validate hypothetic and market trends used to identify new opportunity or sales risk, and to drive future action plans by involving the proper cross functional team members;
- Plan seasonal visual material update (POP) by communicating changes and needs to all teams involved;
- Plan Unit development by preparing briefs and work with Specialist, project and purchasing in order to get the most efficient solutions to achieve desired go to market;
- Ensure planograms publication.
WE WILL LIKE TO MEET YOU IF YOU HAVE
- Strong experience in retail industry and/or cosmetics;
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Former experience/background in sales and/or marketing is recommended;
- Knowledge of merchandising tools and techniques;
- Knowledge of category management and assortment;
- Knowledge of trade channels (mass and drug);
- Fluent in French and English( verbal and written);
- Strong Computer skills;
- Knowledge of space planning software.
AND IF YOU ARE
- Project management skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Decision making oriented and able to quickly react to changing environment;
- Proactive and team player;
- Organized, ability to prioritize time and tasks;
- Flexible and multi-tasking;
- Ability to work under pressure.
The task and responsibilities listed above are summaries and indicatives
We invite interested individuals to use our online recruitment module by submitting an application to https://www.groupemarcelle.com/view-jobs/ or by sending us your resume in complete confidentiality to: RessourcesHumaines.GroupeMarcelle@groupemarcelle.com
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Groupe Marcelle wants to offer equal employment opportunities to all. It invites women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and persons with disabilities to apply. Groupe Marcelle is also committed to pursuing the integration of diversity and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees.
The use of the masculine gender in this document refers to both men and women.
Groupe Marcelle thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.