Senior Category Manager (14 months contract)
Groupe Marcelle is the Canadian leader in the cosmetics industry. With the highest standards of quality and excellence, Groupe Marcelle develops, manufactures, and distributes skin care and makeup products, as well as accessories, under a portfolio of four distinct brands: Marcelle, Lise Watier, Annabelle and CW Beggs and Sons.
At Groupe Marcelle we believe in Humanity, Partnership, Audacity and Empowerment. We are looking for professionals that exemplify these qualities that also bring energy as well as commitment to the results.
Join a company with more than 400 employees in the cosmetics field and play a key role in the organization.
We are currently looking for a Senior Category Manager for a temporary full-time position (14 months contract).
Reporting to the Director, Retail Marketing, the Senior Category Manager is responsible for identifying the needs of the Brands and developing planograms performance to determine the overall direction it should take to succeed. He is also responsible for developing key business solutions by gathering, reviewing, and testing data in several ways. The Senior Category Manager possesses organizational skills, is willing to learn and develop its team. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively verbally and electronically. Critical thinking skills are an absolute must, and it is imperative that this person can develop “out of the box” solutions for seemingly ordinary problems.
- Workplace: 5600 Chemin Côte-de-Liesse, Montreal, Quebec.
- A formidable and dynamic team of professionals.
- Benefits: competitive base salary and generous benefits package (including flexible hours, medical and dental insurance, pension plan and holidays during the Holiday Season).
- Discounts offered to employees on Groupe Marcelle products.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE
- Lead and develop team members.
- Work with Brand leaders and Advisor, Category teams to analyses different scenarios and provide recommendation.
- Securing information and resources, build planograms category analysis, acquiring/developing effective software, developing analytic systems, and managing each process along the way.
- Identify, aggregate, and analyze data to communicate market and resource trends.
- Assess initiatives to identify areas for growth, resolve issues, and increase buy-in.
- Analyze competitors and customers to provide data-driven recommendations.
- Proceed with Seasonal Planogram category analysis national and per trade updates and rational.
- Devise long-term development strategies for product categories.
- Develop exit strategies for unsuccessful products.
WE WOULD LIKE TO MEET YOU IF YOU HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required.
- Minimum five (5) years CPG industry including three (3) years as a Category Advisor or Category Manager.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience in people’s management.
- Proficient with standard office computer technology including Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of space planning software JDA.
- Must have extensive experience in understanding consumer needs and the retail environment.
- Must have a commercial mindset and full comprehension of marketing and sales principles. Exceptional communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of category management.
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
AND IF YOU ARE
- Very high level of attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, customer focused, creative thinker.
- Ability to manage effectively through change and with minimal oversight.
- Superior project management and presentation skills required.
- Superior analytical abilities and the ability to transfer insights into action.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to convince and persuade others on new ideas.
- Able to manage multiple and competing priorities through effective organizational, people, time management skills.
The task and responsibilities listed above are summaries and indicatives.
We invite interested individuals to use our online recruitment module by submitting an application to https://www.groupemarcelle.com/view-jobs/ or by sending us your resume in complete confidentiality to: RH@groupemarcelle.com.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Groupe Marcelle wants to offer equal employment opportunities to all. It invites women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginals, and persons with disabilities to apply. Groupe Marcelle is also committed to pursuing the integration of diversity and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees.
The use of the masculine gender in this document refers to both men and women.
Groupe Marcelle thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.