Based in Montreal, Groupe Marcelle is a Canadian company and leader in the cosmetic industry. With the highest standards for quality and excellence, Groupe Marcelle develops, manufactures and distributes makeup and skin care products and accessories under its four-brand portfolio: Marcelle, Lise Watier, Annabelle and CW Beggs and Sons.
Groupe Marcelle is motivated by passion, quality, innovation, collaboration, integrity and respect. We are searching for professionals who believe and demonstrate these values and who will put their energy and commitment into achieving results.
Join a leading cosmetics company with over 400 employees and play a key role at the heart of our team.
We are looking for a Packaging Analyst, a full time, permanent position located in Montreal, Quebec. Reporting directly to the Director, Purchasing & Packaging Development, you will be involved in the process of packaging development, testing and approval for primary, secondary and tertiary packaging for all Groupe Marcelle’s products. To be successful in this position, the candidate must be able to work with a high degree of autonomy, in a conscientious and professional manner.
- Location: 5600 chemin Côte-de-Liesse, Montreal, Québec.
- Growing company.
- Dynamic professional team.
- Advantages: competitive base salary and generous benefit package (including flexible hours, health insurance, dental insurance, pension plan, bonuses and vacation).
- Employee discounts on all Groupe Marcelle products.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE
- Responsible for the primary and secondary packaging testing and approval.
- Perform tests on primary packaging: (leak test, functional test and other tests considered necessary).
- Verify the accuracy of technical drawings received.
- Measure and validate packaging components received to ensure their compliance to specifications.
- Communicate with our packaging suppliers regarding packaging specifications
- Upload New specifications on Packaging Database and maintain up-to-date the existing ones.
- Assist Purchasing , RD and Marketing during the product development and provide technical guideline and support.
- Have ownership of the Packaging Development projects that he/she is working on, work in close relation with Production and QC to make sure testing in production is done properly and product quality is respected.
- Assist Production during in-line testing, provide any information that help them conduct the testing in production efficient and respecting product quality.
- Identify, prevent and foresee potential technical problems and provide creative and practical solutions.
- For tertiary packaging: size-up and approve shipping boxes and make sure the palletization is optimized.
WE WILL LIKE TO MEET YOU IF YOU HAVE
- 5 years’ pertinent experience.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, Solid Works, JDE (asset).
- Technical degree in relevant field (e.g.: Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial or Technology Engineering, or any other relevant technical domain).
- Knowledge of packaging materials and their characteristics, packaging production techniques.
AND IF YOU ARE
- Technical and Problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks, able to create 3D designs for different projects.
- Good attention to detail and able to manage multiple projects at the time.
- Good team-working abilities.
- Able to work under pressure in an environment of evolving priorities.
- Excellent communication skills English and French (verbal and written formats).
The task and responsibilities listed above are summaries and indicatives
We invite interested individuals to use our online recruitment module by submitting an application to https://www.groupemarcelle.com/view-jobs/ or by sending us your resume in complete confidentiality to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Groupe Marcelle wants to offer equal employment opportunities to all. It invites women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and persons with disabilities to apply. Groupe Marcelle is also committed to pursuing the integration of diversity and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees.
The use of the masculine gender in this document refers to both men and women.
Groupe Marcelle thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.