Buyer is an analyzer, negotiator and deal-maker. Buyer is working closely with Merchandising project leaders and operations staff.
Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Canadian company Groupe Marcelle is a leader in the cosmetics industry. With the highest standards of quality and excellence, Groupe Marcelle develops, manufactures and distributes skincare, make-up and accessories with a portfolio of four brands: Marcelle, Lise Watier, Annabelle and CW Beggs and Sons.
At Groupe Marcelle we believe in Passion, Quality, Innovation, Collaboration, Integrity and Respect. We are looking for professionals who will exemplify these values and bring energy and commitment to results.
What you are going to do
- Issue orders for components and control of their execution
- Updating and maintaining purchasing data in JDE
- Deliver a weekly purchase order report (MRP)
- Work with merchandising/operation teams to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any back-ordered or missing products
- Assist the Merchandising project leader with maintaining proper inventory levels of components on a regular basis
- Establish reliable lines of contact with merchandising project leaders team to ensure that all purchase orders are accurate
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- In charge of making key decisions throughout the buying process including:
- Review merchandising brief
- Meet right suppliers with brand project leaders
- Ensuring the items are delivered on time
- Helping to interpret JDE reports and predicting future needs
- Stock control
- Reacting to any changes in customer/brand demand
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers while seeking new ones
Getting feedback from customers
- Evaluating supplier options according to prices, quality etc. and recommend the best choices
- Ensure the timely delivery of products and compliance with the contracts of purchase
- Monitor stock levels and make plans for buying within budget
- Forge and maintain trust relationships with suppliers to promote fair dealing
We would like to meet you if you have
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field required
- Strong negotiating skills
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry standard purchase order
- Experience in ERP system
- work with multiple vendors to determine the best deals and evaluate the many pros and cons of each, based on price, quality, speed of delivery and other factors.
- use the information gathered to make decisions on behalf of your company.
- Basic math skills will be needed to analyze prices and get the best deals possible.
- Work with suppliers to create the best deals. Negotiating skills will help create those deals.
And if you are
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a team
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrable aptitude in effective negotiating
- Bilingual in both French and English