Groupe Marcelle is the Canadian leader in the cosmetics industry. With the highest standards of quality and excellence, Groupe Marcelle develops, manufactures, and distributes skin care and makeup products, as well as accessories, under a portfolio of four distinct brands; Marcelle, Lise Watier, Annabelle and CW Beggs and Sons.
At Groupe Marcelle we believe in Humanity, Partnership, Audacity and Empowerment. We are looking for professionals that exemplify these qualities that also bring energy as well as commitment to the results.
Join a company with more than 400 employees in the cosmetics field and play a key role in the organization.
Groupe Marcelle is currently looking for a dynamic and committed candidate to fill the permanent full-time position of Director – Production, reporting directly to the Vice-President, Operations.
As a member of the Operations Management team, the Director - Production is responsible for the manufacturing of bulk products, wrapping and packaging operations, as well as engineering and maintenance. His main role is to manage a team of professionals (union members and office workers) in order to meet the quality requirements at the production level. This position therefore requires strong technical and interpersonal skills, leadership, in-depth knowledge of processes and technology, and the ability to complete large-scale projects.
- The incumbent of the post will report directly to the Vice-President, Operations.
- Workplace: 9200 Côte-de-Liesse Road, Montreal, Quebec.
- A formidable and dynamic team of professionals.
- Benefits: competitive base salary and generous benefits package (including flexible hours, medical and dental insurance, pension plan and holidays during the Holiday season).
- Discounts offered to employees on Groupe Marcelle products.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE
- Act as an influential leader in the day-to-day operations of the manufacturing, the assembly of promotional kits, the liquid and powder packaging, as well as engineering and maintenance functions.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators, including budgets, expenses and unit cost performance of operations related activities.
- Mentor, support and empower a team of supervisors and lead with them initiatives to ensure the safe and profitable delivery of products that meet customer requirements.
- Collaborate with other departments (mainly Logistics and Quality Control/Quality Assurance) to organize product launches and meet the packaging objectives of production lines.
- Optimize the efficiency of operations by making improvements in productivity and in the use of equipment.
- Develop a strong workplace health and safety culture.
- Help solve a wide range of daily operational issues (planning, equipment, process, quality, procurement, etc.),
- Develop and implement continuous improvement plans to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure reliable and sustainable production by managing various activities (recruitment, training, continuous improvement, strategic planning, etc.).
WE WILL LIKE TO MEET YOU IF YOU HAVE
- University Degree in Engineering, Science or any other relevant field;
- Minimum of 10-year experience in a similar position in production management, preferably in the cosmetics industry or in the food industry;
- Advanced knowledge of ERP systems (Oracle, JD Edwards, etc.), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and continuous improvement tools;
- Experience in a unionized environment (important asset);
- Bilingualism essential.
The task and responsibilities listed above are summaries and indicatives.
We invite interested individuals to use our online recruitment module by submitting an application to https://www.groupemarcelle.com/view-jobs/ or by sending us your resume in complete confidentiality to: RH@groupemarcelle.com.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Groupe Marcelle wants to offer equal employment opportunities to all. It invites women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and persons with disabilities to apply. Groupe Marcelle is also committed to pursuing the integration of diversity and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees.
The use of the masculine gender in this document refers to both men and women.
Groupe Marcelle thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.