Colorist – Makeup Formulas
Groupe Marcelle is the Canadian leader in the cosmetics industry. With the highest standards of quality and excellence, Groupe Marcelle develops, manufactures, and distributes skin care and makeup products, as well as accessories, under a portfolio of four distinct brands; Marcelle, Lise Watier, Annabelle and CW Beggs and Sons.
At Groupe Marcelle we believe in Humanity, Partnership, Audacity and Empowerment. We are looking for professionals that exemplify these qualities that also bring energy as well as commitment to the results.
Join a company with more than 400 employees in the cosmetics field and play a key role in the organization.
The Colorist – makeup formulas is responsible for ensuring that all makeup formulas developed at Groupe Marcelle are of the appropriate color according to the marketing brief. Under the supervision of the Senior Formulator, the Colorist will adjust the pigments of a makeup formula in order to match the benchmark, and will record and document the resulting formula recipe. The Colorist will also provide assistance to production by providing instructions for the correction of color cosmetic batches that do not match the standard. The colorist will be an expert resource within the Groupe for the evaluation, reproducibility and control of pigmented bulks. The Colorist will also assist in preparing laboratory batches and other process and cost improvement projects for the manufacturing of color cosmetic bulks.
- Workplace: 5600 Chemin Côte-de-Liesse, Montreal, Quebec.
- A formidable and dynamic team of professionals.
- Benefits: competitive base salary and generous benefits package (including flexible hours, medical and dental insurance, pension plan and holidays during the Holiday Season).
- Discounts offered to employees on Groupe Marcelle products.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE
- Prepare batches for testing: stability, micro, tolerance, and efficacy.
- Prepare product samples for testing and marketing: compatibility, clinical testing, consumer testing, trade shows, sales meetings, etc.
- Monitor product stability/compatibility (physicochemical and organoleptic evaluation, pH, density, viscosity, etc.).
- Preparation of stability/compatibility reports.
- Determination of batch specifications and review manufacturing procedures.
- Preparation of color matches.
- Evaluation of color matches.
- Correction of production batches.
- Together with regulatory, ensure formulas respect relevant regulations, in particular with regards to pigments.
- Ensure projects remain on time according to project timeline.
- Reformulate existing products following raw material discontinuations or change requests.
- Ensure reformulation of existing products meet R&D requirements.
- Maintain a clean and organized lab work environment.
WE WILL LIKE TO MEET YOU IF YOU HAVE
- DEC in chemistry or related field (required).
- 3-5 years of experience working in coloration / pigments – color matching, color evaluation, etc.
- Experience working in a lab or production environment.
- Ability to distinguish color/pigmentation.
- Expert in pigment evaluation and color matching.
AND IF YOU ARE
- Ability to manage time and responsibilities.
- Strong sense of organization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong sense of rigour, meticulousness, precision and analytical.
- Able to accurately observe minute differences in color.
- Able to determine the correct combination of pigments to match a color benchmark or standard.
The task and responsibilities listed above are summaries and indicatives
We invite interested individuals to use our online recruitment module by submitting an application to https://www.groupemarcelle.com/view-jobs/ or by sending us your resume in complete confidentiality to: RH@groupemarcelle.com.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Groupe Marcelle wants to offer equal employment opportunities to all. It invites women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and persons with disabilities to apply. Groupe Marcelle is also committed to pursuing the integration of diversity and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees.
The use of the masculine gender in this document refers to both men and women.
Groupe Marcelle thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.